ATTENTION

2009 calendar updated!!!


Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Jacob's Walk of Life 2008



DATE: 17 August 2008
EVENT: Jacob's Walk Of Life 2008
VENUE: Taman Pertanian Malaysia, Bukit Cahaya Seri Alam, Shah Alam, Selangor
TIME: 8.30 am
ATTENDEES: Along, Angah, Alang dan Izzat

MY undying love for milk made me do something I have never done before during a running/walking event - visiting the toilet for the 'big' one.

At last Sunday's Jacob's Walk Of Life 2008, where milk and biscuits were served to participants, I succumbed to the temptation and gulped three packets and four cups of milk before the walk, besides nibbling several biscuits. Big mistake!

Thirty minutes into the 7km walk, I was sweating profusely for two reasons - the exercise and the pressure of trying to contain the churning feeling in my tummy.

Unable to stem the rising pressure any longer, I scrambled to the nearest toilet so as not to mess my track bottoms. As if doing the Kegel is not challenging enough, the lock of all three rooms in the toilet were broken!

Luckily I had my backpack, so I used it to block the door while hoping nobody will push it open and face the consequences!

I felt so very relieved after the bowel session and vowed not to repeat the milky mistake. Too much milk can be hazardous... to me that is.

The walk itself was pleasant, and two water stations were provided along the way. Goodiebags were given at the finishing line.

Met several running comrades - Steven, Joyce, Andrew and May - posed with the maskots and came face to face with two male macacques scavenging a dustbin for food during the walk.
Looking at their size, they were probably the dominant males.

Well, that's about it. We'll be doing the Seremban Half Marathon this Sunday.

By Shahrizal Sanusi

No comments: