ATTENTION

2009 calendar updated!!!


Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Mizuno Wave Run 2006

Date: 17 September 2006
Time: 7.30am
Place: Padang Merbuk
Team mate: Along, Alang, Chan, Rostely, Jaya and Syikin.
Distance: 10km

Along, Alang, Rostely and Syikin went with me, in my car, kancil. Iskh, sian my car. Jaya and Chan naik motor from office. We were a bit late due to somebody woke up late. Chit.... So that means, tak dapat la parking dekat.

Syikin is actually running for her sister Nina. Nina couldn't make it because she's chicken. Heheh.. no la. She has to go for a seminar in Kuala Selangor, so Syikin volunteered, I repeat volunteered to run for her. I told her she could enter, provided she cannot win. Nanti diorang nak tengok IC pulak, problem tau.

The horn blows at 7.30ish. Jaya, Chan and Rostely ran together. At first, Syikin ran with me, but after the first kilometer, Syikin couldn't keep up with me anymore.

Alang managed to run past me at the 5km mark (water station). I kept my distance behind him. Kalau I potong for sure one, it'll be a competition between us.

Let me tell you about this route. It's hills, hills and more hills I tell ya. And the hills were just getting higher and higher. Giler. I feel like hiking rather than running. The hills at the first 5km were ok, I can still run, but the hills after the water station were killer man. Even my bro with his giganto calves couldn't even lift up his legs (I can see because I was behind him, kan I told you tadi). We were basically dragging our feet up the hills. At one time, I even feel like crawling. I was bending my body so low, my lips almost touch the road.

You know, one thing I really hate is liars. Especially if the person said 'It's down hill from here to the finishing line...'. I tell you, I feel like going back to the person and just step on his feet several times. Down hill konon, penipu.

Anyway, I managed to finish the race at 1 hour and 35 minutes. Ok la, it's before the cut off time which is at 1.40. Alang crossed the finish line 5 minutes before I did. Jaya at 1 hour, Chan 1 hour and 1 minute, Rostely 1 hour and 9 minutes, Along 1 hour and 45 minutes but last but not least Syikin at almost 2 hours.

Right. This would be my last entry for now. After this is Puasa, then Raya. After raya we would have the Subang Jaya 10km run. See you after raya.

By Suriati Sanusi

No comments: