ATTENTION

2009 calendar updated!!!


Friday, May 30, 2008

Asthma Run 2008

Date: 11 May 2008
Time: 7.30am
Venue: Padang Merbuk



MY daughter, Sarah, 13, is asthmatic. So is her 10 year old cousin, Iylia Nadrah. However, to both of them, taking part in the WorldAsthma Day Jogathon 2008 at Padang Merbuk on the 11th of May is a must as it gave them another opportunity to prove that the ailment doesn't dampen their interest and enthusiasm towards sports.

Me, Along, Angah and Izzat also took part as a sign of support and encouragement. It also gave me an opportunity to run with my daughter - something I believe every sporty father or mother would love to do. Angah did it with her daughter Iylia at the KRI 12km Run at Ipoh last year, and I jumped at the chance to do the same with Sarah as participants for the 5km jogathon were flagged off at the same time.

We were among the last to arrive, but I enjoyed myself and I believe Sarah felt the same even though she was pretty exhausted. I kept to her pace, carry the water bottle and gave her encouragement and breathing tips everytime she felt tired. Our strategy is walk uphill, run as long as posible on the flat route and run downhill.

And the happiest moment for me is seeing Sarah completing the run despite all the difficulties, her face beaming with pride. For any parent, that moment is priceless.


By Shahrizal Sanusi

No comments: